Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Prayers of the Faithful

For some reason, the Prayer of the Faithful at this morning's Mass were "right on."   I think the priest was sick and tired of the same people requesting prayers for the "same ole, same ole, so he ask for those usual prayers in his prayers.  For some reason, I listened and registered every single prayer request and realized that he was asking for prayers that others usually do.  Mmmmm. I wondered if they were paying attention, or would they still request the "same ole" prayers.

They must have been listening, too.

Because different prayers were requested.  I was surprised.  I think Father was too.

The usual, were prayers for the unborn, for an end to abortion, for our children, for the sick, for the dying, for those in the armed services, for our political leaders, etc.

Some of today's new ones:

For today's Christian martyrs, for those living in violence, for all those in prisons and bondage of all kinds, for the safety of all travelers, for all parents, for those who suffer doubt, those that are afraid, those who feel unloved, etc.

I think Father was moved.  I certainly was.

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...