Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Morning Reflection

This morning's Morning Prayer's Reading, Acts 10:40-43, had the answer to my question about whether or not the whole world could see the Ascension.  "God raised up Jesus on the third day and granted that he be seen, not by all, but only by such witnesses as had been chosen beforehand by God...".

Am I right in concluding that at Jesus' Second Coming, it will be the same?  Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy on us.

Father Kevin this morning talked about unity.  He said Jesus' last words were about unity.   

The First Word:
“Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they’re doing.”
(Luke 23:34)


The Second Word:
“I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
(Luke 23:43)


The Third Word:
“Dear woman, here is your son.”
(John 19:26)


The Fourth Word:
“My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?”
(Mark 15:34)


The Fifth Word:
“I am thirsty.”
(John 19:28)


The Sixth Word:
“It is finished!”
(John 19:30)


The Seventh Word:
“Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!”
(Luke 23:46)



 I don't see anything about unity.  There's lots of important reflections here, but none would be about unity.  Oh well, I probably didn't listen to everything.  Mea culpa.  Mea culpa.

My favorite "last words of Jesus,"  is telling the prisoner that he would be with Jesus in paradise.  A convicted criminal is the only one Jesus promised paradise.  This image should be on a banner for the beatification of Pere Lataste, (Pere Lataste will be beatified in TWO weeks!)

h/t http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdroberts/series/the-seven-last-words-of-christ-reflections-for-holy-week/

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...