Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Pot Calling the Kettle Black

The way someone reads makes a difference in how you understand that reading.  I'm talking about Ezekiel 18:25-28.  Now, I know this scripture well.  I read it yesterday, since I was Lector B, who does the First Reading for the Twenty-Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time.

I understood this Reading to mean that the person who sinned is the one who deserves punishment.  But tonight, Father Denis Como, sj made me smile to myself, because the way he read, "Is it my way that is unfair, or rather, are not your ways unfair?" gave me a humorous visualization.

I can just picture God remarking incredulously, "You have the nerve to think I'm unfair?  What about yourselves?  What about Troy Davis?  What about ....."  

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...