Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wearing the Rosary

Zenit, this morning had an article about wearing Rosaries.  Legionary of Christ Father Edward McNamara, professor of liturgy at the Regina Apostolorum University answers that it is appropriate to wear the Rosary as jewelry, if it's for the glory of God.  So my "cloistered brothers" who wear the rosary to show their faith would be OK, according to Father McNamara.  For me to wear the Rosary for devotional purposes is OK, too.  (I wear it to remind me to pray it.  If you see it on the outside of my clothing, I haven't prayed my Rosary, yet.  If my Rosary is worn under my clothing, then I've prayed.)
Of course, the Rosary Br. Vito made me for my habit, is of course, very appropriate.  Duh!

However, wearing the Rosary as fashion, is not.  Also bad, is wearing the Rosary as gang signature.  That I consider an abomination, unless you're part of Mary's gang. ;-)



 Answered by Legionary of Christ Father Edward McNamara, professor of liturgy at the Regina Apostolorum university.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...