Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dropping Out of the Clean Plate Club

A picture taken, of A Green Salad.Image via Wikipedia
Company, by its very nature, is a disruption of  schedule.  I just had a visit from my friend, Omega.  Of course, I love having her, but because we're out doing things, meals aren't planned.  We usually eat on the go, while we're out and about.  This is a problem because restaurants are notorious for over-sized portions, and preparing food with "who knows what."

So I brought a tote bag with me when we went out.  In it I put bottled water and fruit.  And I snacked on it, so that when we stopped to eat dinner at a restaurant, I was fairly full.  I ordered something called a "power salad."  This consisted of pieces of chicken mixed in a salad.  It looked so good that I was sure I was going to woof down the entire salad.

I didn't.  I ate about half and was full.  I asked to take home the rest.  I was too satisfied to order dessert, which Omega did.  It was some kind of vanilla ice cream with bananas and hot caramel sauce.  I could see the steam rising up from the sauce.  I took a spoon full of it and that really was enough.  I wasn't tempted in the least.

That's the secret to not overindulging in restaurants .  Eat before you eat.  And make sure you eat healthy before going out to eat.

Another benefit was the fact that I had leftovers for lunch.  Life is good.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...