Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bake Sale Time

St. Mary's Women's Club is having it's bake sale this week end.  Since there's no call for my specialty--boiled water, I thought I would bake brownies.

Mind you, I'm not making these from scratch, they're mixes from a box.  Brownies are difficult for me because I never can tell when they're done.  The recipe will even say that.  You can't tell if the brownies are done, like you can cake.  You guess.

But I'm smarter than that.  I'm making two batches, and keeping one in longer than the other.

Same brand, same stuff, same pan, but not the same time.  I figure I have a 50/50 chance of one of the batches coming out perfectly.

The first batch was too soft in the center.  The other batch was too hard around the edges.  You think this is a bad thing.  On the contrary, I took the edge brownies from the first batch, and the center brownies from the second batch, and made one decent batch of brownies.

I told you I was smart.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...