Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

God's Got My Back

Before  Chapter, I had a conversation with one of my "cloistered brothers," that reminded me, (again) why I love them so.

Brother is telling me that he's been feeling lethargic and just "punky."  The doctors tell him that he has an iron deficiency.  Then he goes into detail about his regimen of pills and diet.  I'll spare you the details that I had to listen to, not because there not important, but because I kinda zoned out mid-way through his recitation.

Somehow this monologue segued into his diverticulitis.

After all this, he said something that woke me up.  "But I'm not worried.  God's got my back."

Indeed, when I think of the twists and turns in Brother's life, I can see that he has a full regiment of angels working overtime.  And all that work is not in vain.  He is now one of the most pious people I know.  His Faith is solid.  He doesn't even watch TV.  It holds no interest for him.  Praying and spiritual reading are his life.

He also said that God loves him so much, that He's crazy about him.

Yeah, me too.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...