Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Forgiveness

"...I feel that if I choose not to forgive him that I let him take up space in my head that I could be and should be using for far greater things.’’  Inspired, wise words spoken by a teenager, who was raped.  The girl was a 14 year old girl volunteering in a hospital, for a summer.   She was raped in the stairwell, in that hospital.  See Link.


This girl will move on.  Her life is better and she has a future.  As Bishop Tutu said, "There is No Future without Forgiveness."  It isn't easy, but for the mental, emotional, and spiritual health of a victim, it's a necessity.


I pray for everyone involved in this crime.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...