A Crime Against Nature


I'm in the car so much, that to keep me awake, or just to pass the boring down time, I listen to audio books. Presently, I'm listening to The Pale Blue Eye by Louis Bayard. It's a mystery. The main character, the detective, is Gus Landor. He's investigating the "crime against nature." A young man has committed suicide. Crime against nature, # 1. Then someone stole the dead body and cut out its heart. Crime against nature, # 2. And I think the detective himself will commit suicide in the end. Maybe a crime against nature, # 3.

What depths of depravity mankind can sink! What about the ultimate crime against nature? If a mother "chooses" to murder her own baby inside her womb, she is committing THE ULTIMATE crime against nature.

What have we become?

Lord, have mercy on us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Posterity

Re-examen