Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

Lost in the Translation


An Italian missionary priest that I correspond with, closes his letters with "Come Jesu, anch'io ti amo fino a morire."

When the opportunity arose, I asked Vinnie, who speaks Italian, what the closing said. Vinnie said, "I would love to see you dead, like Jesus!"

!!!!!!! What!

But that doesn't make sense. I tried Babel Fish and got, "Like Jesus, it is said, I would love to see you dead."

This was mixed up but sounded like Vinnie's translation.

Finally, I asked Father what his closing meant.

I will love you until my death, like Jesus loved us.

WOW How wonderful! What an awesome way to end a letter. I am blessed to have such a friend.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...