Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

It didn't begin very well. Ash Wednesday began with the electricity going out, while I was in the shower. I was just rinsing off, so it could've been worse.

I was going to microwave oatmeal, but couldn't. Oh well, today's a day of fasting. But I had to eat something, so I had a small bowl of cereal. No fruit or nuts were added. Just Total and milk.

I couldn't blow dry my hair. "Oh no!" People will think "I'm neglecting my appearance, so that I'll appear to others to be fasting."

Work was one crazy problem after another. Nothing was easy.

Ash Wednesday turned out to be a day of Penance. Since I was assigned to Lector at the 7:30 PM Mass, I didn't get my ashes until night time.

It was a nice Mass. "Lord bless we sinners who ask for your forgiveness and bless all those who received ashes. May we keep this Lenten season in preparation for the joy of Easter." we ask this through Christ our Lord.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...