Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Friends



Guess who's on Face Book. My best friend in the whole wide world. I'm so happy. I can't explain it. You see....well....let me explain.

Actually, it's unexplainable. Is there such a word? What I mean is....well...I can explain who she is, but I can't explain the relationship. I can't express the feelings, the emotions, WTF!

I'll try.

I met Chris in 2000. (Year of the Holy Spirit) We both had joined a parish prayer group. We both fell in love with our Faith that year. We attended Life in the Spirit Seminars, we were anointed with the Holy Spirit and our lives meshed somehow.

She is a generation younger than I, but it never mattered. The leader of the prayer group was Fr. Aniello. He was a sweet heart. We both loved him.

Let me give you a run down of how we spent prayer group day. I went to work, came home and prepared supper, cleaned up and attended prayer group. Chris stayed home with her babies and did mommy things and attended prayer group. Fr. Aniello conducted a charismatic prayer group. After prayer group (after 10:00 PM) Fr. Aniello, Chris, and I, and anybody else who wanted to, went out to eat. We stayed at the restaurant and talked, and laughed, and laughed and talked, until sometime after midnight. We usually closed the place down.

We were happy living this way for a couple of years. During this time, Chris and I became very close. We told each other secrets like teenager girls. We just reveled in each other's company.

But life happens. First, Fr. Aniello, who is a missionary, got posted to China Town in Chicago. :-( Then Chris got sick. :-( Then I got sick. :-( I'm talking nasty sick--years recuperating and still feeling the affects.

We were too sick to interact with anybody. It was difficult, for me anyway, to keep up with my family, even. And that's the way, it was until, this morning.

Chris asked to be my friend on FB. I had just responded "Of Course," when the chat window opened and we chatted--for over an hour. LOL


What a blessing! What a way to start a new year! Thank you Jesus! I have thought and prayed a lot for Chris, over the years. I even wrote a poem about her, when I was really missing her friendship. I know it's silly, but it's NOT!

Missing Chris*

Happy is he who finds a friend and he who speaks to attentive ears. Sirach 25:9


My soul mate, Chris would help with my mess,
over spinach artichoke dip, nachos,
ice tea, girl-talk, dope slaps, and laughter;
deftly would your perspective fix my problem;
snap smooth wrinkled excuses and cobwebbed thoughts,
as we share late night secrets and pray for grace.

*from The Preacher Poets, Dominicus Books, Inc., 2008, page 15.

God is good! All the time!

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...