Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Five Second Rule


A funny thing happen to me while on the way to the altar, this morning.
Frank and I were the lectors. We were finished the consecration and Father was rearranging the linen and chalice, when his sleeve, or something knocked out a Host. I think he saw it because he looked down. Frank and I saw one Host on the floor. Then Frank and I looked at each other.

I said, I'm sure Father saw that."

But when Father left the altar to get more cibori from the tabernacle,he didn't pick it up, and we saw that there were really two Hosts on the floor.

Frank left my side, picked up the two Hosts and carefully, ever so gently, placed them on the altar, next to the ciborium.

Father came back. He saw the two Hosts. He picked them up and tossed them in with all the others.

Frank and I looked at each other.

Then Frank, dead pan, said, "Five Second Rule*."

Cracked me up....

........things are ever so much funnier in the sanctuary........

* From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The five-second rule is a popular polite fiction regarding the eating of food that has fallen to the floor or ground. The origins of the rule are unknown. The substance of the rule is that if food falls on the ground, it may be safely eaten as long as it is picked up within five seconds.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...