Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2009

Self Hypnosis

My weightloss group, T.O.P.S. went to a Self Hypnosis Workshop today. We thought this would be a good idea to do before we hit the holidays. I don't know what to think about it. Part of me thinks that it's just a gimmick. A trick to talk yourself into doing something you should be doing, anyway. But I'm going to try it.

About once a week, you set aside time when you can be alone, free of distractions. You make yourself comfortable and relax. Close your eyes and relax each part of your body from your head to your toes. Relax.

Relax. Now in your mind, count down from 10 to 1. Relax deeper with each count. This is called Happy Space, according to Ann, our instructor.

Enjoy this space, this time. You are very relaxed. Count down, again, going deeper and relaxing even more.

This is where you tell yourself:

I am healthy and happy. I enjoy eating healthy foods. I eat the foods that are right for me. I make healthy choices. I am loosing weight and I am healthy, happy and satisfied. I am achieving my ideal weight.

When you feel you've expressed all you want to say (in your mind), count your self back up to 10.

Just enjoy the peaceful moment. When ready, count yourself out another ten. Open your eyes. You should feel great. You should be good when eating.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...