Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

Praying Priests


Praying Priests is almost an oxymoron. Have I got your attention? Yeah, I'm a little tongue in cheek here, but upon reading Zenit, this morning, I was reading something Cardinal Christoph Schonborn said, when he was giving a retreat to priests in Ars, France.

"In Vorarlberg [Austria], in the afternoon, there was always a light in the church: It was the parish priest who was praying there. That remained engraved in my memory."

It has always been a pet peeve of mine that I never, alright not never--only twice in my life, have I ever seen a priest pray. I'm talking about outside of Mass. One was a priest who use to kneel in the church, by himself, and pray his Office. The other was a priest who obviously was praying his Rosary while he walked inside his Church.

Why wouldn't a priest want people to see him pray?

Beats me.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...