Search This Blog

Friday, June 26, 2009

Walking

OK. I can take a hint. I walked with a new person, tonight. Marianne doesn't join the group that often, but she came tonight. We walked around the Common about a zillion times. We didn't want to walk far because a thunder storm was threatening.

Marianne told me that her husband died 10 years ago. It was like Linda's death, and Father Angelo's. All died within weeks of being diagnosed with cancer. It's worth pondering the fragility of life.

So....if all things have a purpose, then what was the purpose of my meeting Marianne tonight and listening to her story? I think her husband needs prayers.

He's added to my Novena for the Souls in Purgatory.

BTW, we walked for an hour and it never did break out into a thunderstorm.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...