Search This Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lectoring


The best part of being a Lector is making God present in the liturgy of the word for the rest of the congregation. At least I try to make God present. I throw myself into it. I also like the feeling of being part of a "team", so to speak. A team that ministers to the people: cantor, choir, ministers of the Eucharist, and the priest.

What I don't like about being a Lector is being surprised when I come up to the ambo to pray the Intercessory Prayers. The Church is full, whereas there were only a few people when I read the Liturgy of the Word. Sigh....I suppose I should be glad people come for the Eucharist.

I don't like the "noise." Sometimes I can't pray because I think I'm in Filene's Basement.

I do like the prayerful expressions on people's face at Communion. I like to see people pray.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...