Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Incorruptibles


Little Rose, I love you.

Little Marie Rose Ferron is a friend of mine. We were introduced through a mutual friend. I had never heard of Rose before, even though she lived 10 minutes away from me. When I first heard of Rose, I just had to go see for myself, even though she died in 1936.

Marie Rose Ferron was a stigmatized ecstatic. She contracted what was probably polio and suffered very much. Rose endured suffering joyfully to show us how to live with Jesus. She recognized that her sufferings were not in vain, but valuable because she offered them for the salvation of souls. She was a victim soul.

Within an hour of hearing Rose's story, I was praying a Rosary at her shrine, in Woonsocket, RI. I couldn't believe that I lived 10 minutes away, for the past 20 years and had never heard of her. The shrine has since closed, but every time I'm in her neighborhood, I visit her grave and offer up a prayer.

Little Rose came to mind this morning, because I was reading about 10 incorruptables on the Amazing Facts Blog. Little Rose's body was exhumed eleven years after her death. Not only was her body incorrupt, but smelling of flowers. That's referred to the "odor of sanctity."

Although Rose Ferron wasn't listed on the Amazing Facts Blog, there were ten others:
St. Veronica Giuliani
St. Zita
St. John Bosco
Bl. Pope Pius IX
Bl. Pope John XXII
St. Bernadette of Lourdes
St. John Vianney
St. Teresa Margaret
St. Vincent de Paul
St. Silvan

Personally, I thought Saint Zita should be taken off the list.

And I was surprised that Saint John Vianney's corpse had black hair, when his pictures show his hair was white.

Interesting, and definitely AMAZING.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...