Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Good Bye




St. Mary's Parish had a "Farewell Reception" for Fr. Dave and Fr. Ted. They both have been reassigned.

It's difficult to say good bye. It seems like you just get use to them and they have to go. I can't imagine how they feel.

I hope they have fond memories of us. We gave them a guest book, which is really a nice "coffee table book" of psalms. We used it as a guest book by putting our names next to a meaningful psalm.

For Fr. Dave I chose Psalm 150 and thanked him for his service.

For Fr. Ted I chose Psalm 32 and asked him to learn the song "Faith of our Mothers."

That's kind of a private joke between us. Whenever Fr. Ted celebrated a Mass for a martyr he sang "Faith of our Fathers." It didn't matter who the saint was, that's what he sang. So one day I told him that I was sick and tired of "Faith of our Fathers." "Aren't there any songs about women?"

He thought that was funny and said that if I could find one he would sing it. So I googled "Faith of Our Mothers." There were "loads" of songs with that title. One even had the same tune as Faith of Our Fathers. I gave it to Fr. Ted.

He's never sung it. :-(

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...