Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Service of Light

I spent Easter Vigil with my "cloistered brothers." It was tri-lingual: English, Vietnamese and Spanish. We had three baptisms. One of the men was Vietnamese. We had two Mass celebrants: one Fr. Lenny and the other I don't know his name--a Vietnamese Jesuit.

There were too many people to fit in the chapel, so we had services in the auditorium. That was pretty full, too. The Spanish, Bethany, and the Echos of Truth Choirs, sang.

I liked the bells ringing all during the gloria. But I didn't like the fire alarm bell that rang, just as we were departing. That must have been a scheduled alarm because we were told to be out of there by 8:15 PM.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...