Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2009

A Day Dedicated to Self Indulgence


We're still at the resort. The Grumpy Old Men went hiking and reminiscing about old times at Brandon Pond. I went to the spa.

I had a head, shoulders, and neck massage. I loved it. I thought it was odd though that we didn't talk. Here was someone touching me so intimately and no words were spoken. It's just as well, I fell asleep for a few moments when she just held my head in her hands.

Then I had a manicure and a pedicure. They came out beautiful.

Lunch and a nap.

By that time the guys came home and took me out for dinner. We went to Liam's in Bethel. The parking lot at Liams stunk. It smelled of fertilizer. Nearby fields had just been fertilized. Ugh! Just the thought of food in that smell was nauseous.

There also was a truck there with its radio blaring. No one was in it. When we left, the radio was still on.

Coming home we saw a moose on Sunday River Road. We stopped. It was too dark to take a picture. It was big, no antlers. It didn't seem scared of us, at all. It was eating by the side of the road and then ran off.

We came home to watch the Red Sox win.

What a perfect day!

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...