Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Bright Darkness

I'm reading I Loved Jesus in the Night, by Fr. Paul Murray, OP. I was surprised to find out that she had that feeling of the loss of God's presence for the rest of her life. I thought she came out of it. She's smart, though. She uses her "dark" feelings to unite herself to her people and offer her torment to God.

" The physical situation of my poor left in the streets unwanted, unloved, unclaimed -- are the true picture of my own spiritual life."

I wonder though. Was she clinically depressed? Was that why she felt that way? She talked to many spiritual directors, but there's no mention of talking to a psychiatrist. Poor woman, poor tortured soul, at least she had the consolation of seeing that her work for God was suceeding. That's more than some people have.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...