Search This Blog

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Splenda

I will never again use Splenda. That was always my sweetner of choice. From now on I'll use regular sugar cane sugar. Better to get fat, than have diarrhea, again. That almost killed me when I had Cronkhite Canada Syndrome.
Today I read an article on Globenewswire: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?d=150785
regarding the artificial sweetner Splenda. James Turner, the Chairman of Citizens for Health said the FDA should review its approval of Splenda. Among the results in the study by Drs. Mohamed B. Abou-Donia, Eman M. El-Masry, Ali A. Abdel-Rahman, Roger E. McLendon and Susan S. Schiffman is evidence that, in the animals studied, Splenda reduces the amount of good bacteria in the intestines by 50%, increases the pH level in the intestines, contributes to increases in body weight and affects the P-glycoprotein (P-gp) in the body in such a way that crucial health-related drugs could be rejected. Turner noted that the P-gp effect "could result in crucial medications used in chemotherapy for cancer patients, AIDS treatment and drugs for heart conditions being shunted back into the intestines rather than being absorbed by the body as intended."

I'm obsessing about "reduces the amount of good bacteria in the intestines by 50%..." I'm telling Dr. Anastopolous about this study. Maybe the concentrated us of Splenda triggered my Conkhite Canada Syndrome.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...