Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Book Club

Blood Done Signed My Name by Tim Tyson was this month's book. It was very good. I didn't read it--I listened to it. I listen to the book in my car, on CD's. It's the history of the civil rights movement from 1960's to the present, through the eyes of the author. He takes us through his childhood in North Carolina. His family was wonderful and their story inspiring. I wondered if I like it so much because I remember what he was talking about. This is my time, too.

The title comes from the Negro spiritual of the same name. And Jesus has indeed signed, sealed, and delivered! Amen!

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...